Monday 25 August 2014

My Weekend at the Cottage

I spent my weekend at my parent's cottage, which was very relaxing! It was bittersweet since my parents are selling it. It's been around for some time in the family and we've made some really great memories over the past years, so I'm glad I got to spend the last bit of summer out here and soak it all up. I had a great time relaxing, enjoying nature and spending some quality family time. We didn't do anything special... however, I did make dinner for my parents, sat around the campfire, had breakfast outside and I even saw an otter! The only disappointing thing is that I went to my most FAVOURITE chip truck on the planet only to find out that I could not get my usual; poutine...apparently it got it really hot inside the chip truck that their sprinkler system went on...(story of my life...)! Therefore all the food had chemicals on it.

My Favourite Chip Truck on the Planet

(For those of you who don't know what poutine is, its fresh cut fries, with gravy and cheese curds. It's the best thing since maple syurp! It's also a Canadian thing so if you're not from Canada the next time you're up in here, you gotta try poutine.)

View from the cottage

But nevertheless, it was a great weekend and I'm glad I went to enjoy the last bits of summer!

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment