Wednesday 9 September 2015

New Makeup Products I've Been Enjoying

At the beginning of the summer season, I had an itch to try some new makeup products. While we are far into the summer months and close to the end, this has given me plenty of time to use these products in my everyday makeup routine. Here's what I've been loving!


Sephora's Cream Lip Stain
I've heard many great reviews on this lip stain. I don't actually own any lip stains in my collection as I tend to stick to lipsticks. I decided to give this product a try... and... I'm itching to try more colours! I absolutely love this lip product and I now have a new found affection for lip stains. Once applied, the colour dries completely within minutes and leaves a nice, matte finish on your lips. You can eat, drink and sip all day long and this colour isn't moving anywhere. No smudges, no mess whatsoever! I got the shade "Always Red." Pair this with a red lip liner and you have yourself the perfect red lip! I love this colour as I think it works well for all seasons and is versatile.

Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer
In the past I would never use concealer, as I felt it was a complicated product to apply. The only other brand that I've tried is ELF and I'm not too crazy about this product. Again, I've heard many great reviews about the Maybelline "Age Rewind Concealer" and decided to give it a try. I instantly fell in love with the texture and the creamy formula. It blends and sets well underneath the eye. What I love the most is how using this one simple product can make my whole makeup look go from alright to super amazing! The product itself is very simple to use. It definitely gives me the lift that I need during my early morning routine.


Milani's Eye Shadow in Bella Espresso
I really wanted one eye shadow colour that I could use a staple for my everyday makeup look. While I was in the United States recently, I went to a Walgreens where they had the Milani brand. I fell in love with this taupe, bronze, brown colour that pairs perfectly as a nude colour with my skin tone. Love the lasting power, as well as how easy it is to apply with just a finger tip. No hassle and no fuss!

Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm
I have to be honest... I got this product because everyone has one! I now know the obsession and craze behind it! It applies nicely, has a great smell to it and feels great on your lips. I love how moisturizing this product is. And can we talk a little bit about the packaging? Super cute and fun!


Essie's Nail Polish in Cute as a Button
I was on the hunt for a cute, summery, feminine nail polish colour. I think I found just that in Essie's "Cute as a Button" shade. I really fell in love with the coral, peachy-pink colour, and it works really well for a mani or pedi. I've worn this colour a lot this summer and I could see myself wearing this as a manicure colour in other seasons as well when I need a colour pick me up!

Essie's Gel Setter Nail Polish
There have been a lot of times where I feel as if I apply nail polish and the very next day, it chips. Nothing's worse than feeling that you've spent time to do your nails, but didn't get the results you wanted. Since I do a lot of dishes, cooking  and cleaning at home, long lasting manicures are important for me. While I could get my nails professionally done with a gel nail polish every two weeks, it is very expensive. Essie recently came out with this new product which is a top coat gel nail polish. It works fantastic! It completes your at home manicure with the shine, finish and protection that you would get by going to a salon. Love this product!

What new makeup products have you been enjoying? Any recommendations?

~Usha

No comments:

Post a Comment