Sunday 3 July 2016

My 4 Favourite Essie Nail Polishes for Summer

It's finally summer! The start of summer means lots of things... like BBQs, the beach, cold drinks, dresses and summertime nail polish! If you're like me, then you'll also have specific nail polish colours for each season of the year. While I may pull out my summer nail polish colours during the Winter season, I usually wait to use these colours when summer has officially arrived. If you really know me, you`ll know that my entire nail polish collection consists of Essie nail polishes. So, today I'm going to talk about my four favourite Essie nail polishes for summer! I was inspired to do this blog post by A Girl, Obsessed!


Hubby For Dessert
I know, such a weird name... but I love this light, sheer, lilac colour for those days when I'm looking for a nude colour but with something a little extra. I usually wear this colour for daily manicures. This is also the perfect colour for those summer events such as weddings or showers. You would definitely need at least three coats for the full purple effect. If you don`t care for the purple effect, you can get away with about two coats.

Really Red
Next up is a classic red - 'really red'! A classic red is a 'must' for summer months! If you are looking for a true red that is the perfect, rich red colour, then look no further. Two coats of this classic makes the perfect pedicure with a cute pair of sandals for a night out on the town. Even though this is a summer pick for me, you could get away with wearing this colour during any season of the year.


Cute As A Button
When I think of summer, my mind always thinks about coral-ly pinks and 'cute as a button' fits this description so perfectly! It's the perfect shade for your beach trip or your summertime vacation. I usually like to wear this colour as a pedicure. Two coats are needed to freshen up your beauty summertime look!


Mint Candy Apple
This has been one of my favourites for a very long time! For me, mint will always be a favourite. This shade is a creme based nail polish that has a pastel green finish. I can wear this colour for either a pedicure or manicure. If I'm looking for a colour to have a little fun, I will usually pick this. This colour needs about two coats.

What are your all time favourite Essie nail polishes for summer?

~Usha

Don't forget to sign up for my new email subscription on the top right hand corner! This will ensure that you will be keep up to date on all new blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment