Thursday 18 December 2014

Survivor Season 29 Review

Any other seasoned Survivor fans out there!? If you've been reading my blog for some time, you know that I am a HUGE Survivor fan! Last night was the finale of Season 29.

The season itself started out very, very slow. I don't think there has been a slower season or more 'boring' season than this one. It took a very long time for me to get interested in the show and players. I'm not sure why this season was the way that it was. There weren't any 'crazy' or 'outstanding' players that fans could fall in love with (maybe except Keith who maybe some fans fell in love with at the end).

However, there were quite a few things that I liked in this season. For instance, when there was an endurance challenge and Jeff brought out food to entice the players. I love when he does this! It really shows who's willing to go for instant gratification versus long term satisfaction in the form of winning Immunity. Another interesting part was when the tight alliance of five (Jon, Jaclyn, Missy, Baylor and Natalie) were talking among themselves at a reward challenge of who to get rid of next. At which point Jeff interrupted the game and asked what was going on. He couldn't believe that this alliance of five was going to just throw a challenge and automatically decide who wins. After all, a million dollars is on the line. Another part that I really liked was when two idols were played at once! It always makes the game interesting!

I wasn't necessarily rooting for anyone in particular to win the million (Although I was very upset when Jeremy was voted out). However, I was definitely cheering on Natalie towards the end as I feel she was the only player that made bold and risky moves. She really did fit the description of Survivor, Outplay, Outlast & Outwit. She made a HUGE decision by voting out Baylor and giving Jaclyn her immunity idol. This really surprised me as her and Baylor had a really great bond. In the end her decisions got her a million dollars! I definitely think it was well deserved.

Other parts to highlight about this season: Keith brought a really good sense of humor to the show! The fact that he had no idea how to play the game made for some interesting and hilarious conversation within in the tribe. I also liked that they brought in a gay Christian couple this season, Josh and Reed. Speaking of Reed, was his speech about the evil Stepmother towards Missy really necessary? He didn't even apologize to her at the Reunion show. What is up with Alec and his open mouth at Tribal every time the camera was on him? And Wes always licking his lips? Gross... Also, I think this is the first time anyone with a major injury (Missy) was allowed to stay in the game until the very end.

To wrap things up, I'm really excited for Season 30 as it's White Collar versus Blue Collar versus No Collar. This will definitely strike some interesting conversation. It is upsetting that they aren't doing something more extravagant and on a much bigger scale for the 30th season of Survivor. I really wish they would bring back all of the winners and runner up winners to compete.

Overall, it was an alright season that took a very long time to pick up pace with mediocre players.

P.S. Check our Survivor Ponderosa on YouTube! There a short video clips of each person voted out on the jury on their return and life at Survivor jury camp called Ponderosa.

What are your thoughts on Survivor season 29?

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment