Saturday 27 December 2014

You Gotta Love the Holidays!

I'm not sure about many of you but I've had a busy few days and I'm really glad to have a couple of days to myself to get back on track, wind down and relax from all of the hustle and bustle the holidays bring. For me, it all started out with some traditional holiday baking with my husband's family, followed by decorating a gingerbread house with my sister, then my dad's birthday, Christmas Eve and of course Christmas day (I had dinners to attend on both sides of the family). Oh, and Boxing Day! Yeah, I've definitely been busy!


Christmas Day we got up pretty late as we went to bed at 3 am two days in a row (this is how we roll! lol). My husband made eggnog french toast, bacon and tatter tots! It was yummy! Then we got to opening up presents (I will do another post about what I got for Christmas). Later in the afternoon, we attended two dinners; one with my family and one with my husband's family. With my husband's family we had a traditional sit down dinner with place settings, party crackers and the whole nine yards. It was really nice! We were all so stuffed from dinner that we decided to take an evening stroll in the neighborhood (there was about 9 of us). I think the only thing missing from the stroll was a thermos of hot chocolate! I've never done the night time stroll before and it was a really cool experience! I think I would definitely do that again!


The day after, I braved the Boxing Day crowds! We really needed an extra mattress for our spare bedroom, which was the main reason we decided to go Boxing Day shopping. Since the store we were buying from was right beside a major mall, we decided to just walk over and check it out. Big mistake! The crowds were HUGE! Luckily, I did get a few things from that mall and at another location (which had no people). I will share what I got in a future post as well. 


Overall, it's been a great couple of days! I'm definitely going to relax for the next few days before New Year's Eve rolls around. I'm planning to spend my time watching a lot of movies, reading, blogging and maybe trying to attempt to complete a 1000 piece puzzle!

What did you do for the holidays? Do you have any holiday traditions?

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment