Tuesday 10 March 2015

Life is Simple

Hi everyone! I've finally had some time to write a post on the blog. It's been such a hectic week that I was completely caught off guard. This has inspired me to write today's blog post.


About a week and a half ago I attended a family birthday celebration where I met my cousin's fiance for the first time. In fact, this was also his first time meeting the entire family. Naturally, everyone was super excited! He had such a great time at the party, he fit right in and he made himself comfortable. It was as if we've always known him. He made an effort to speak to every single person, that night; aunts, uncles, cousins, even friends of the family.

However, on the very next day, my cousin tried to wake him up but he never woke up... he had passed away in his sleep.

This was a huge shock to all of us, as we had just been having the time of our lives literally a few hours before he passed. What shocked me the most was that this thing we called life, can be taken away in an instant.

He has left me with a piece of his outgoing and friendly personality that will always be remembered and be a part of who I continue to be. He reminds me to live every single moment of your life to the best and to enjoy every moment you have. He reminds me to share my happiness with others and leave a lasting impression. He reminds me to take risks and challenges and live the life you want to live. I am so grateful to have known him for the few hours that I got to meet him. He has forever left me with these thoughts that I hold onto so dearly.

These are cliched thoughts that we always hear time and time again. But how many of us actually take the time to really think and carry them out? I have to be honest that I'm guilty of not doing just that. However, after last week's lost, I've chosen to take a different approach to how I live everyday. I don't think I've been more shocked or stunned by how quickly I can know someone and how quickly they can be taken away. Life has a lot to offer and even in the days that we think are horrible, there is always something good to find. I hope you can find that goodness in just the simple little things that life has to offer. My top 10 simple little things are:

1. A fresh cup of coffee
2. When you cross items off of your to do list
3. Sleeping in freshly washed linens
4. Experiencing the four seasons (winter, spring, summer and fall)
5. Having good and meaningful conversation
6. Spending quality time with the ones that you love
7. Reading a great book that leaves a lasting impression
8. Sleeping while its rains outside
9. The smell of freshly baked cookies
10. Looking out at the bright stars at night

This is such a small list of all of the wonderful things that we can appreciate in our life everyday. With each new day comes new challenges. If we can remember to appreciate the small things and to make the best of every moment, we can start to appreciate a whole lot of more.

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment