Wednesday 13 August 2014

Book Review : The Fault In Our Stars

Hi Everyone!

I absolutely love to read! Especially in the summer. There is nothing like having a good book outdoors with a cool drink beside me. I recently finished reading The Fault in Our Stars and thought it would be fun to write this review. Here are my thoughts:

Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Author: John Green
Genre: Teen Fiction
Rating: 4/5 

Synopsis: Hazel and Gus, teenagers who have been united through a support group session, are battling forms of cancer. The book highlights their journey together. Their journey is centered over their mutual love for a book called the Imperial Affliction in which they discover their love and friendship for each other.

Why did I pick this book?: Recommended by my sister. It is one of the top Teen picks of the summer. Thought I would give it a shot! 

My Favourite Part: When Hazel and Gus are able to come together to find positivity, happiness and love through their relationship, even though they were both going through tough times.  

Lessons Learned: There is always a good outcome to every bad situation.  

Would I Recommend It?: I think it's a good book to read if you've never read fiction books about cancer. Although, if you are interested in seeing the movie I always think it's a good idea to read the book first.  

How Would The Movie Do?: I think this type of story would be better told through screenplay on the big screen than through writing. Visually, the emotions may be portrayed in a more surreal and tangible way. I am really excited to see the movie!  

Would I Read Other Books By This Author?: I've heard that John Green's "Looking For Alaska" seems to be a popular read as well. However, I'm not sure if this author's style of writing is my pick for a summer read.  

My Next Read: Wild by Cheryl Strayed
First Impressions: So far...really good! I think this book might be life changing for me.

Let me know in the comments below if you like this review, or if you think I am missing anything you would like me to discuss. This is my first attempt at this, any suggestions would be appreciated!

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment