Wednesday 7 January 2015

December Favourites!

It's that time of month again for... December favourites! I have to say that December was truly a great month - with festivities, the holidays, and new years! All I want to do is re-live December all over again!!! For this month, I have a variety of items. Here we go!

Body
I bought this St. Ives body wash about a month ago and finally got to use it! Let me tell you... it smells like heaven! This scent is Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange and it's amazing! It smells and feels like I'm in the tropical rainforest when I use this in the shower (which is good for me during the cold winter months here in Canada). I want to try out their other scents for body wash as well. I also included the St. Ives body lotion in my November favourites. Love their products!


The Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy body lotion in Eucalyptus Spearmint is to die for! I've been using this particular lotion and scent for a very long time. I ran out of it a few months ago and recently Bath and Body Works had a sale where all Aromatherapy products were 50% off. Of course I bought this! Believe it or not, it does have a very calming and relaxing feel to it.


Makeup
I don't think one is a surprise to you if you follow me on Instagram. I was in the need of a new foundation for oily skin and this does not disappoint! I took Ingrid Nilsen's and EssieButton's recommendations on this one, as they are dedicated users of this product. I'm really happy about this purchase and love it! It goes on smoothly with a flawless finish and is very long lasting. A definite try!


I have to admit that I am no expert when it comes to the wing-liner look. I try my best and despite trying it so many times, I can still never get it perfect! Anyone else out there feel my pain? I got the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner as a sample when I ordered some makeup products at Sephora. I love it! The tip is probably the finest tip I've ever seen for liquid eye liner. It's also not a hard tip - I would say that it feels like a paint brush. This is useful as you can have more control with your streaks and make very precise lines. It's a definite keeper for a wing-liner! I will also be purchasing a full product size of this when this one is done.


Book
I recently took a picture on Instagram with my latest book splurge - Blog Inc by Joy from Oh Joy! I saw this book as part of a gift guide for Christmas and totally had to get my hands on it! That weekend, I made a trip to Chapters and got it! No regrets whatsover. This is a great book to explain what Blogging and the Blogging industry is all about. For me, I neither have any previous experience blogging, nor am I am expert in the field, so I can use all the advice and words of wisdom I can get about blogging. This has helped tremendously and it is very well written. The book is chock full of practical advice with real life examples and inspiration from successful bloggers in various fields. 


Entertainment
Growing up, board games were such an essential part of just being a kid and having a good time! My husband and I have recently rediscovered our love for board games and just had to get these two classics for the holidays. We literally spent time playing Scrabble and Yahtzee while watching movies. I must add that we can get pretty competitive too! We're definitely going to be growing our board game collection to enjoy together and with friends and family. We're thinking about getting 'Clue' next. Thoughts?


Holiday Items
Since it's my December favourites, it just wouldn't be complete without my favourite holiday items! I have to say that I really enjoyed the Bath and Body Works candles in 'Holiday' and 'Merry Cookie' scents. They smell so good! The best part is that I still have a lot of candle left to burn for next year!


That's a wrap for my December favourites! What were some of your December favourites?

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment