Friday 21 November 2014

Sample Source Products Review

I recently received my Sample Source products in the mail a few weeks ago. Click here for that blog post. I thought it would be useful to do a review on the products that I received. So without any further delay here are my thoughts!


Hopefully you can see the products!

1. FrizzEase - I really like this product! It helps to take away and tame unwanted frizzy hair. I mainly use this product after I wash my hair and blow dry. I find that my hair tends to get super frizzy when I blow dry it and this definitely helps.

2. Finish Powerball Dishwashing Pod - I found that it got the dishes really clean. I had no dishes that had leftover food or water spots. However, I didn't find that it did anything special compared to other dishwashing pod brands.

3.  Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste - I did not like this product! It did not taste good at all! It literally tasted as if I was taking baking soda and brushing my teeth (event though the flavour was in mint). I immediately had to spit it all out! I personally would not recommend this product. Although, the baking soda solution is pretty good for whitening teeth (according to my husband who tried it), this one might be one for you to try.

4. Higgins & Burke Chai Tea - This was really yummy! It's a great tasting black chai tea. Perfect with some added milk and sugar. I would definitely repurchase this to add to my tea collection.

5. Icebreaker Duo Mints in Raspberry - This was alright. Not really my type of mint though. It was nice to taste, but I don't think I would spend my money on it.

6. Icebreaker Frost Mints in Wintercool - These on the other hand, I really like! I'm kind of biased since I've had and bought these before. I would definitely repurchase these.

7.  Hershey's Whole Almonds Creamy Milk Chocolate - Who doesn't love chocolate?! I love chocolate and I love chocolate even more if it has nuts in them! So having this one with almonds was super delicious! I also really like the texture of Hershey's chocolate. Very creamy, smooth and melt-in-your-mouth texture. I'm definitely buying this again!

8. Kellog's Special K Pastry Crisps in Cookies & Creme - This was different to try and something I've never had before. The product itself is very, very sweet. I'm not one to like very sweet desserts or snacks. I don't think I'd be buying these for that reason. Plus I tend to take fruits & veggies for snacks. If I'm looking for something sweet I'll usually go for chocolate.

9. Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry - OMG, love them! Where can I buy them? Costco? Please tell me....do I need to say more?

10. Biore Face Strip - I've never used a face strip before since I use my Clarisonic pretty much everyday. I decided to use this on my nose and chin area (I cut the strip into two pieces). When I took it off, my skin has never felt the same way! It was so powerful that I could see the dirt, blackheads and even baby hairs on the strip! I would definitely repurchase these.

11. John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - I've never tried this brand of shampoo before. It smells so good! I even got compliments from my husband on how good it smelt (bonus!). The downsize to the sample is that the size is so small that you can only use it once for your hair. It's not enough to use mutliple times to see the affect on your hair. I would be willing to purchase this product and use it as my next shampoo and conditioner combo.

12. Jergen's Ultra Care Body Lotion - I really like this body lotion! It smells great and the application is super easy. It absorbs into the skin well. I also like this type of body lotion in the Fall and Winter months when your skin tends to get more dry. This sample came with a $1.00 off coupon. I recently purchased a bottle at Walmart. The price on this body lotion is super cheap! It's really affordable.

13. Schick Hydro 5 Razor - I got my husband to review this one (for obvious reasons). He says that he really likes it and it gets the job done. The only downside is that there's no trimmer blade. He stills prefers the Gillette Fusion but if the Schick Hydro was the only thing available to use, he'd be totally fine with that.

14. Breathe Right Nasal Strip - I had to use this a few weeks ago as I had a really stuffy nose. I applied it to the nose area, right before I went to bed. I have to say, it really did clear my nose so I could breathe better. There's actually no product on the nasal strip itself. The way it works is through the science of a specific spot of where you place the strip and it expands your nasal passage to breathe. I know it's weird...Look it up and you'll see! The only thing that I didn't like about this product is that it was slightly uncomfortable throughout the night. I ended up taking it off in the middle of the night.

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below!

~RANDOMiss


No comments:

Post a Comment