Tuesday 9 September 2014

MAC, Spring and Chapters Haul!

As mentioned in my previous blog post, I had a pretty busy weekend. I did some shopping and thought I would share my haul.

MAC
I had a gift card from my birthday and finally decided to use it. Lipstick and eyeliner are my must-haves for makeup. Naturally I ended up buying all lip products. I ended up getting MAC`s Rebel lipstick which is in a Satin finish, Up The Amp which is an Amplified Creme and a lip pencil in Vino.

I find that dark colours work best with my deep toned skin colour. I already have all the usuals that any MAC makeup artist would suggest such as Media, Diva, Paramount etc...The one colour that I didn`t have in my collection was Rebel (see picture to the left; lipstick on the left). I feel like this colour gets a lot of attention in the Fall and thought I would pick that one up. I didn`t need to be convinced about the colour as I know a few people that have it and love it! I`m really excited to wear this colour for the Fall and Winter season.

Up The Amp (see picture to the left; lipstick on the right) is definitely not a colour I would pick at all for myself. In fact, I would never have considered this colour if it wasn`t for the MAC makeup artist that suggested it. So I tried it on and instantly fell in love with it! It`s completely different than anything that I have. It does remind me of MAC`s Capricious, which I`ve owned and used entirely in the past. I think it could be paired with a magenta lip liner to really bring the colour out. I`m excited to wear this colour. It`s not a Fall colour but I feel it can be paired with a lot of neutrals.  

Rebel swatch on top; Up The Amp swatch on the bottom. 

I swear on MAC`s lip pencils! I did own Cherry and lost it ever since I returned from my trip to Chicago! I couldnt`t find it...So I thought I could pick up a lip pencil that would go with Media, Rebel and Diva. Vino was the one! Can`t wait to wear this one too!

Vino lip pencil

Media with Vino on the left; Rebel with Vino on the right. 


Heart Hangover with Vino on the left; Diva with Vino on the right. 

Spring
I needed a pair of little black booties for the Fall as when the weather starts to get chilly, you need to protect those feet! So I happened to walk in Spring and saw that the Borovsky shoes were $20 off! I couldn`t pass up the deal and got the black pair. I love the Burgundy and Khaki colour as well. I was so close to getting the Khaki colour but they didn`t have my size....I think this will be a great addition to my outfits for the Fall season.

Chapters
I also got a Chapters gift card for my birthday from my husband and another one from my co-workers. I thought I would browse around and pick up some good reads for the Fall season. I tend to get a lot of reading done during the Fall months. I ended up getting Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi. There is also going to be a movie about the book Unbroken, which I would love to see. I`m really excited to curl up on the couch with a cozy throw blanket and a PSL and dive right into these books. I will most likely write reviews on them when I am done.

Speaking of PSL... I bought the prepackaged PSL VIA mix from Starbucks. I tried it yesterday and it was pretty good. Although it just doesn't compare when you actually get it from the store. There's also something more appealing about the drink being the colour orange when you order it in the store....


That`s it for my haul! What is your favourite book store to shop at? My other favourite is Costco!

~RANDOMiss

No comments:

Post a Comment